Improve English

English learners from all over the world

HomeHome  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  

Share | 

Colombia

Go down 
AuthorMessage
juank

Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2006-03-13

PostSubject: Colombia   Tue 14 Mar 17:40

Hello,
About the last election it was important because it define the main direction of our country.

About the "x festival Iberoamericano de teatro". This is the oficial site: http://www.festivaldeteatro.com.co/xfestival/inicio/principal.html.

For this year the organization plans to show more than 600 events: streets, theaters, parks, etc. At this moment 42 countries come to our city,...

This festival goes from 30 march to 16 April

Let me know if you want to know more info about it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
sebastien
Admin

Number of posts : 46
Registration date : 2006-03-01

PostSubject: colombia   Fri 17 Mar 0:22

I quote on the theatro website : For seventeen days, the index of violence will go down. For seventeen days, citizens from all over Colombia, will pour into the streets and the venues of Bogota, to support this theatre adventure and show the world the real face of Colombia.

Actually in france we have this violent image of Colombia. This week , for example, the main french newspapaer published an article about Miguel Cabalerro who runs a colombian company selling bullet proof jacket. The jacket weight 1.2 kg. It seems there are many customers in colombia...M Cabalerro said that the best security advisers in the world are israelian or colombian .
http://www.miguelcaballero.com high security fashion !

Really more important in a french point of view, french singers and movie stars organize concerts and events in order to help the release of a colombian politician Ingrid bettancourt kidnapped by the guerilla ( FARC ) for more than 4 years (february 2002!!)..
i hope the website say right and that the festival will be a great one.
I m sure Juan that you will go on showing us that colmbia is a great and nice country ! By the way, you can add yourself on our group map ( have a look to the topic "links")
Sebastien
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://chassibout.info
beatriz

Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2006-03-12

PostSubject: Which is more violent?   Fri 17 Mar 2:36

We in Brazil also have this violent image of Colombia. However, considering what we see in the news everyday I begin to wonder... Isn't Brazil as violent as Colombia?

We've recently followed in the papers how drug dealers stole 7 rifles from the one of the army's headquarters. The army fought back by occupying some of Rio's most profitable favelas (in drug sales) in order to try and retrieve the guns. When they finally reached their goal, they were glad to turn back and leave the communities as helpless as they were before. People are even speculating on whether the army might have reached an agreement with the dealers to get the guns back.
For more information, click here: http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/4815286.stm

Beatriz
Back to top Go down
View user profile
juank

PostSubject: News From Colombia   Sat 25 Mar 22:55

Thanks for your replies.
About it:
I think,...."the power" of one bullet (specially in the news) is greater than the things that the colombian people are doing every day. The Slogan festival,...-is for me- some ...not real,....we have so many times for peace.

For example,...in Colombia every weekend in some place ,...a new "Beauty Queen" is elect. We have for example Potato`s Quen,...Orange `s Queen, Dividivi`s Queen, etc, in every Carnaval there is a queen. The last one was (February) in the Barranquilla`s Carnaval ( some similar to Rio`s Carnaval) but little.

Ok, thas all for now.
At this moment in my city its a cloudy day, rainy day,...but i am preparing all for todays soccer game of my favorite team.

See you later.
Im preparing a photo album for share. With fothos of my city,...and of course of the next "festival de teatro"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
juank

PostSubject: Re: Colombia   Sat 1 Apr 19:14

Hello again,
Today is the D_day for the "festival Iberoamericano de teatro". Yesterday was the official presentation of the festival. For this year Russia is the special country in the festival.

In the afternon will be the start of presentations. It will we with a show in the street betwen two points of mi city. At the end, the people can see a very special show in the "Bolivar's Square"(Plaza de Bolivar).

Ok,...
Thats all for now.

P.D. I know, that i dont have a good english. I hope you can understand me ,....and of course i receive all your corrections
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Colombia   

Back to top Go down

Colombia
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Improve English :: My country chronicles-
Jump to: