Improve English

English learners from all over the world

HomeHome  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  

Share | 

Politics

Go down 
AuthorMessage
ivbel

Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2006-03-15

PostSubject: Politics   Sat 18 Mar 0:18

Perhaps, somebody besides me would like to discuss events that are happening in the world. Does anybody know this country Belarus? They are electing the president this sunday and i'm sure the election won't be fair, because of this current president Lukashenka who's actually the last dictator of Europe... farao
Back to top Go down
View user profile
doubleyu

Number of posts : 13
Registration date : 2006-03-03

PostSubject: Re: Politics   Sat 18 Mar 7:54

yeah,I am sure and I am still in the despotic country! Sad cry
Back to top Go down
View user profile
masa

Number of posts : 9

PostSubject: Re: Politics   Sat 18 Mar 12:42

Hi ivbel, nice to meet you!
The other day I read the news about the election of Belarus in the Japanese newspaper. I'm also sure that the election won't be fair.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ivbel

PostSubject: Re: Politics   Sun 19 Mar 0:11

Quote :
yeah,I am sure and I am still in the despotic country!
but why? confused your country hurtles towards a market economy at really astonishing pace!!! I know nothing about living in China, though, so i'd like to hear from you a little about it... i have a chinese channel CCTV9, but i don't watch it, actually. yeah, i think i've got to try Smile
masa, you know, i'm belarusian by nationality and a member of belarusian diaspora of Russia, so i really know a lot of people from Belarus and no-one of them is going to vote for Lukashenka!!! In fact, he's got a good rating in Belarus..... about 30% in my opinion... but belarusian officials say he's going to take 75% of all the votes!.. it's not the truth! i'm waiting for tomorrow...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
doubleyu

Number of posts : 13

PostSubject: Re: Politics   Sun 19 Mar 7:36

that's simple.Now days The government focus all their attention on developing economy.That's true.However,They control all the media,like newspaper,TV stations,radio,even internet.We cann't say any wrong about the government or the party.Only they apologize for something which they like to confess themselves.No one is allowed to have free mind in politics.China is capitalist outside and despotic inside now.Even though,people in China are more "free" than any other country except politics.You know I mean,cause the legal system. Razz
Back to top Go down
View user profile
betuwe

Number of posts : 25
Registration date : 2006-03-08

PostSubject: Re: Politics   Mon 20 Mar 13:19

I don't know what to say, i live in Holland and they say that we're free. We have got also many rules to live with. But we can elect freely and we can say or shout what we want.

I can't imagine a live in Russia, North-Korea of China. Are you affraid for the police or is there somekind of secret police ? Who's there to correct you when you make an mistake ? Can you travel freely, also to other countries ?

I heard that the election made 80 % of the votes for that president. In our country the name of Belarus is Wit-Rusland (white Russia).

May the sun shine in your heart ! sunny

Greatings from Holland, Gerard
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.tomeyenverstegen.nl
sebastien
Admin

Number of posts : 46
Registration date : 2006-03-01

PostSubject: bielarus   Mon 20 Mar 14:52

I m with you, bro

i m so disappointed in it that a president elect ( this is third times i suppose) can say such rude things about oppostion party ( if people contest that will lead them to death penalty). In france, a few words are said. it s also due to the fact we do not understand well thoses new countries. For Ukraine , newspappers gave one hand to orange revolution but two years after what is orange revolution about ? is it the success expected by the protesters ?
I hope ivan will give us more news today comparing to what our local news will say.
sebastien
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://chassibout.info
ivbel

PostSubject: Re: Politics   Mon 20 Mar 23:23

Quote :
I can't imagine a live in Russia, North-Korea of China. Are you affraid for the police or is there somekind of secret police ? Who's there to correct you when you make an mistake ? Can you travel freely, also to other countries ?
Betuwe, don't compare Russia with North-Korea. We do not a secret police that spies on russian people, we can travel freely to everywhere. People are not afraid and people really want Putin to be their president. I am not Putin's follower, but his rating is very high, that's the truth. Russia doesn't have the democracy you have in Holland, though, i mean, you shouldn't tell everyone your point of view if you want to have no problems with nothing.
Quote :
In our country the name of Belarus is Wit-Rusland (white Russia).
These countries (Russia and Belarus) are not the same! Remember that!
Quote :
I heard that the election made 80 % of the votes for that president.
He faked this 80%! I don't know any person who was going to vote for him!!! I don't think belarusians can do the revolution now, they are not ready to this.
Quote :
For Ukraine , newspappers gave one hand to orange revolution but two years after what is orange revolution about ?
They have the parliamentary election this month and it'll be very interesting in my opinion. We'll see if ukrainians are happy with this orange revolution or not... i've heard some of them aren't happy with the things that are happening after revolution.
What do you want to know particularly about Belarus?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
masa

Number of posts : 9

PostSubject: Re: Politics   Mon 27 Mar 21:30

Quote :
He faked this 80%! I don't know any person who was going to vote for him!!! I don't think belarusians can do the revolution now, they are not ready to this.
I know he is a dictator and he oppresses oppositions, it's obvious.
But I recently heard from news that if there was no illegality in election he could had 70% approval rating, because the situation in Belarus is stable and prosperity.
Is that true?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
betuwe

Number of posts : 25
Registration date : 2006-03-08

PostSubject: Re: Politics   Mon 27 Mar 22:44

Quote :
These countries (Russia and Belarus) are not the same! Remember that!

I mean that we have the name Rusland for Russia (where you live) and we have the name Wit-Rusland for Belarus, and Wit-Rusland is translated in: White-Russia.

I know the differance.

Cool
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.tomeyenverstegen.nl
ivbel

PostSubject: Re: Politics   Tue 28 Mar 19:42

Quote :
But I recently heard from news that if there was no illegality in election he could had 70% approval rating, because the situation in Belarus is stable and prosperity.
Is that true?
Shocked Shocked Shocked PROSPERITY??? No, of course!!! There's no a market economy, it's not easy to find a grocery store that is open after 22.00 in Minsk! You must keep a silence about politics if you're not agree with Lukashenka not to have any problems at your work. Belarus does not have any democracy! And why do people leave Belarus if everything is okay there!?? Stability... yes, it's true. We had the stability in the USSR as well... it'd be better to call it "standstill" in my opinion. He's real rating 30-40%. His policy is the soviet policy in fact... and he mustn't reign over belarusians all his life!.. he's not a king! He's in power from 1994.
Quote :
I know the differance.
Just reminded Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Politics   

Back to top Go down

Politics
Page 1 of 1